New Delhi, Nov 25 : Rugs and carpets add greatly to your interior home decor and transform any space, but it's crucial to take care of them for their longevity.
Rashi Bajaj from Carpet Couture suffers these tips
1. In order for your rugs to retain their appearance and shape for a long time, remove dust and stains regularly. A lighter-colored rug will require cleaning more often than a darker one. Vacuum your rug once a week and air it once in three months at the least.
2. Another effective way to clean a rug is to turn it upside down and beat it gently. This removes all the loose yarn and dirt drops out. Make sure you do this in an open space or outdoors.
3. Regularly vacuum your rug/carpet at least once a week. Do not use a vacuum cleaner with a rotary brush nozzle.
4. Note that is normal for the rug to lose individual fiber when used. These are excess fibers and do not affect the general quality of the rug.
5. For uniform exposure to sunlight, rotate the placement of your rug periodically.
6. Attend to a spill or a stain immediately. For dry stains scrape them off carefully without damaging the fibers. For wet stains blot them with a tissue paper and use liquid detergent to remove it. Use a limited amount of water as excess water can harm the glue used to hold the fibers together in case if a hand-tufted carpet or rug.
7. Do not pull or tug at any loose fibers and yarns, use scissors to cut them.
8. It is best to use a professional cleaner to clean your rug/carpet once a year.(Siddhi Jain can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Find any Critical Errors? Please Report It!