He feels a GG (Gaurav Gupta) bride, "is liberated with a sense of elation and rhythm. With an unbridled elegance, she embodies the fundamentals of infinity and poise. She appreciates art and the finer details in life."
The designer who has been busy opening stores in Kolkata and Hyderabad, took out time between bridal appointments to share some bridal trends for the upcoming season
1. Original and new-age-never-seen-before concepts/styles will be quite the rage
2. Sophisticated colours like champagne, ecru, rosewood pink, soft violets, silvers and greys should be the top picks as they are universal
3. Lightweight corseted sareesis perfect for the brides who want to have fun and are always on the go. These ensembles will look stunning especially at beach destination weddings
4. Functionality is the biggest trend this season. Brides do not want to dress in garments that are weigh them down and those that can only be worn once. Whether it's adding dramatic bustles to control the drama quotient of your outfit or to ensure repeat value of your W-day outfit, they prefer 'functionality'.
5. Minimalism is key whether it's the colour palette or choice of silhouettes and fabrics. What should be on the forefront is one's personality and their authentic self.