Guide for men to beat the heat in style
New Delhi , Apr 21 : Summer is here and with that comes sweating and tanning. But it doesn't mean people, especially the men, need to be in their sloppy look.Although the hot weather might require a guy to reconsider his wardrobe choices, but a few subtle changes will allow one to stay cool and beat the heat smartly.
Whether you're at the beach chilling with your friends, attending a Sunday Brunch, prepping up for your first day in college, travelling for work or planning to attend your best friend's wedding, you can carry your great style everywhere.
Here are a few looks, shared by Bhavya Chawla, chief stylist at Mr Voonik, that inspires one to be summer ready:
1. Look to keep the weekends relaxed: Try the 'athleisure' trend- Pair joggers, a plain coloured t-shirts and flip flops or opt for polo shirts paired with oxford shorts or pants and loafers. In fact, invest in some light and bright-coloured polo shirts this year for your wardrobe and look desirably cool in the sweltering heat.
2. Party Look: Going overboard just to look party-ready is a bad idea in this season. Whether it's an upmarket event or something low key, instead of being too dressy, stay light. Opt for light-weight suits in linen for the day party and pick some nice cotton ikat pants and plain shirts for the evening get-together.
3. Office Look: To look stylish yet formal in the summer, all it takes is some small and deliberate gestures. You might think of wearing khaki pants with a white or light coloured shirt but end up looking like a junior IT staff member. To choose summer outfits for work, one needs to think about the colors, patterns, textures, and accessories all together. Wear straight-fit cotton pants with Chinese-collared shirts and pair this ensemble with tan-coloured brogues on the meeting days or simply go for a sky blue cotton shirt with bright navy coloured pants paired with loafers for relaxed days at work.
4. College fresher Look: Be the best-dressed college fuchcha from day 1 by combining the most favoured color tones for the season, blue and white. Team those blue shorts with a button-down light blue or white shirts to give a casual summer vibe. For the bright-hearted boys, an explosion of colors is a good option such as a mix of blue, lime or light green. One can pick dark blue, mint green or mustard coloured cargo shorts as well as wide-legged pants and team them up with moccasins and a plaid shirt which is yet another all-time hot trend for the summer season.
5. Wedding Look: Summer weddings come with the best excuse to ditch your decked up look in tuxedos or Sherwanis. Instead, make heads turn by donning light-colored linen suits in tones of grey, mint green, peach, beige, white, powder blue etc. with subtly-patterned shirts along with a few flashes of color to make all the difference. For that desi wedding look, either pair a white coloured chikan kurta-pyjama with a bright-patterned cotton Nehru jacket or simply opt for a bright-hued plain kurta-pyjama with brocade Nehru jacket. Add a jeweled broach to add drama to the outfits and wear velvet slip-ons to complete the look.