Turning back the clock for cosmopolitan women
(2 years ago)
New Delhi, May 12 : The role of a woman has immensely changed over the last couple of decades. Today's woman is educated and well-informed. She is versatile and efficiently multitasks and balances work and home. She is conscious about her looks and also of her health and fitness. In spite of a hectic demanding lifestyle, she has to look youthful, healthy and fit.
To manage ageing gracefully, she needs to understand ageing process, her own skin and avail information about the new world solutions and technologies which can be helpful.
The skin starts showing signs of ageing from 25-30 years. These changes get more pronounced after 30-35 years of age. The first sign of ageing is change in texture and hydration level of the skin. The skin gets drier, patchy and the skin glow reduces. We feel that we are looking darker and are not glowing the way we used to!
By 35 years of age, fine lines start developing around the eyes called crow's feet. By the age of 40, frown lines and forehead wrinkles set in. By 45-50 years, the laugh lines get deeper and neck wrinkles appear and skin laxity sets in. Some people develop age spots patchy skin and pigmentation.
Please do not despair because the good news is that ageing can be prevented and reversed to a great extent.
SkinAlive Clinics founded by leading dermatologist Dr. Chiranjiv Chhabra offers a variety of anti-ageing face therapies, lasers and other new world technologies to maintain that youthful glow forever.
Below are some tips to fight ageing:
1. Facial therapies like - Microdermabrasion or diamond polishing, oxygen treatments, antioxidant Vit C face therapy and lightening electroporation therapy.
2. Laser rejuvenation- It is a non-surgical and painless answer to a rejuvenated, fresher and glowing skin. In this procedure, a laser light is used on the whole face and neck and it stimulates the cell renewal thereby giving one a more youthful and radiant skin.
3. Affirm fractional multiplex laser- Affirm is a revolutionary laser for skin rejuvenation toning and tightening. It also improves blemishes pigmentation and complexion Very effective for acne scars and open.
4. Thermage- It is a safe, non-invasive, no downtime, single treatment, cosmetic procedure that is clinically proven to tighten, contour and rejuvenate facial skin to help naturally restore a more youthful appearance. It is FDA cleared Immediate results are visible and continue to improve for up to six months.
5. Ultherapy is a non surgical modality, which uses ultrasound energy for skin lifting and tightening. It is FDA-approved procedure that aims to lift, tighten and tone skin.
6. Vampire Facelift- It is an exceptionally innovative trademarked technology, wherein magical factors from your own blood are used to rejuvenate your face, hence, the name.
6. Botox - It is an injection treatment which relaxes the muscles that create wrinkles thereby lessening the appearance of frown lines and crow's feet. It is used for other indications like face contouring, lifting of eye brow, Jawline and drooping lips. A small amount of Botox is injected right into the muscles that are responsible for creating wrinkles.
7. Fillers such as Restylane, Perlane and Juvederm are used to fill up wrinkles on the forehead, around the eyes, mouth lines and neck lines. They are also used to create pouty lips and to enlarge thin, wrinkled lips to give a fuller and younger appearance. Fillers also help in volumising the sunken areas of the face and get those apple cheeks. Down turned dropping lips can be converted into upturned smiling lips through this procedure.