Tips to make your exercise routine more fun
New York, May 10: Would you like to add some fun to your exercise routine? Doing the same exercises on a daily basis can be boring for even the most dedicated fitness buff.Maybe it's time to add a little fun and frivolity to your daily fitness routine. Try a few of these suggestions to make your workout more enjoyable:
1. Add some upbeat music! Studies have shown that people who exercise with upbeat background music burn more calories than those who don't. It also feels like time goes by more quickly when you exercise to music. Try some country or rock and roll music to add a little rhythm to your exercise routine. Try a different CD every time you exercise and you'll never get bored.
2. Who says you have to have gym equipment to exercise? One of the best forms of aerobic exercise is a vigorous dance session. Instead of doing your normal fitness routine, substitute 30 minutes of dance every few weeks. You'll love the variety and it'll add fun to your exercise routine.
3. If your primary form of exercise is walking, you have lots of options. Try walking a different route every day. When walks in your neighborhood get less stimulating, get in your car and drive to a new neighborhood. With this kind of variation, you'll start to really look forward to your morning walk!
4. Exercise with a friend. It's always more fun to exercise when you have an exercise buddy! Find a close friend who wants to get into shape and do your workouts together. You can motivate one another to work harder to meet each other's fitness goals.
5. Exercise while watching your favorite television program. This is a great way to accomplish more than one goal at a time. Consider jumping rope while watching the news or your favorite cooking show. You'll learn something new and your exercise session will be over before you know it.
6. Try an exercise class at your local health club or YMCA. Most clubs have an extensive list of exercise classes of all types. Try something completely new and different. You may find some fun exercises you really enjoy. At the same time, you'll meet other people who are working to achieve their fitness goals which can further motivate you.
7. When you walk or jog, take along a four legged friend. Dogs have such enthusiasm for exercise. An eager canine companion can be a great motivator and can add an element of fun to your fitness routine.
8. Train for a race! Even if you don't plan on entering a race, training for one can kick start your motivation. You'll exercise more efficiently when you have specific, defined goals which more structured training will give you.
You can see that exercise can be a constant source of stimulation and exercise can be fun if you approach it in the right way. Add some spirit to your fitness routine and get ready to reap the rewards!