Union Ministers hail PM Modi's Rozgar Mela as boost to youth empowerment
New Delhi, May 23
Union Ministers on Saturday hailed Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Rozgar Mela initiative after he virtually distributed more than 51,000 appointment letters to newly recruited candidates in various government departments and organisations across the country.
Reacting to the development, Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said the initiative was helping provide opportunities to young people in line with their qualifications and aspirations while enabling them to contribute actively to nation-building.
He said the programme had connected the country's youth power with national service through the principles of good governance, transparency and equal opportunity.
Pradhan added that the Rozgar Mela was not only generating employment but also instilling confidence and leadership qualities among the youth, thereby strengthening the resolve towards a "Viksit Bharat".
Meanwhile, Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Hardeep Singh Puri described the Rozgar Mela as a powerful national initiative that ensured transparent, merit-based and time-bound recruitment for the youth.
Additionally, Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal highlighted India's growing startup ecosystem, saying the country now has more than 2.3 lakh recognised startups and is the world's third-largest startup hub.
He said India was also forging partnerships with countries across the world with the objective of creating opportunities and employment for the youth while providing them with global exposure.
While Union Minister for Communications and Development of North Eastern Region Jyotiraditya Scindia said India was progressing rapidly and asserted that the country's youth remained the biggest strength behind this transformation.
In addition, Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh lauded the Rozgar Mela initiative, saying it had significantly improved transparency and efficiency in government recruitment since its launch in October 2022.
Singh further noted that candidates recruited through the Rozgar Mela process had demonstrated a high level of merit and capability.
Addressing the 19th edition of the Rozgar Mela, PM Modi has reiterated the government's commitment to employment generation and youth empowerment.
— IANS
Reader Comments
I appreciate the transparency, but 51,000 jobs is a drop in the ocean. We need massive private sector growth too, not just government recruitment. Startups are great, but where are the manufacturing jobs? 😕
My cousin got selected through Rozgar Mela last year. No agent, no donation, just hard work. Modi ji is changing the system from roots. Jai Hind! 🇮🇳
Interesting to see India's approach to youth employment. In the UK, we have similar apprenticeship schemes. But 51,000 in one go? That's impressive scale! Hope the jobs match their skills properly.
Happy for those who got jobs, but what about the lakhs of graduates who still struggle? Rozgar Mela is good PR, but real change needs more than appointment letters. #Berozgaari
As a retired government officer, I've seen recruitment processes for 30 years. This is more streamlined, yes. But we need to ensure these young officers get proper training and mentorship once they join. Paperwork is just the first step.
India's startup ecosystem is indeed booming. I work in Silicon Valley and we're seeing more Indian founders than ever. But government jobs still
We welcome thoughtful discussions from our readers. Please keep comments respectful and on-topic.