Fire at KGMU Trauma Centre, no casualties

Lucknow, April 9 : A major fire broke out on the second floor of the Trauma Centre at the King George's Medical University (KGMU), late on Wednesday night.

The fire was noticed on the second floor of the Trauma Centre in the lift lobby area between the Medicine and the Orthopedic Department.

Dr Sandeep Tiwari, in-charge of Trauma Centre, said that all the patients were evacuated safely on the information of the fire and there are no casualties.

The patients were shifted with the assistance of hospital guards and medical staff.

Rajkumar Vishwakarma, DG UP Fire Service, said on Thursday morning that the fire was put off but smoke engulfed the area. "It appears that the fire began due to short circuit in the false ceiling. Fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot and the flames were doused," he said.

Lucknow Chief Fire Officer (CFO) Vijay Singh said that eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the blaze was controlled within half an hour.

(IANS)

Like This Article?
Fire at KGMU Trauma Centre, no casualties