Srinagar, March 26 : Authorities in Jammu and Kashmir were vigorously tracking the travel history of Union Territory's first COVID-19 victim as nearly 50 of those who came into contact with the victim have already been shifted to quarantine facilities.
Four of these quarantined persons have already tested positive for the virus.
Health officials said the deceased patient had a chequered travel trajectory and it was logical to assume that he had come into contact with a much higher number of persons than have been traced so far.
"He was in Delhi where he is reported to have come into contact with Indonesian, Malaysian and Italian citizens. He has visited Samba and Jammu towns before he came back to the valley.
"He had attended a religious congregation in Sopore and met dozens of people in Srinagar city", health officials said.
The fact that he had been evading isolation and treatment as per the standard operating procedure (SoP) for such patients, was also worrisome.
"The fact is that he was symptomatically a full blown case before he was isolated and admitted is very worrisome", said a doctor.
Kashmir Divisional Commissioner, P. K. Pole has ordered a magisterial probe to find out whether there has been any lapse by treating doctors in following the SOP in case of the victim.
Additional Commissioner Kashmir, Tasaduq Hussain Mir, the probe magistrate has been ordered to submit the report in two days.
The 65-year old victim, the first COVID-29 fatality in Jiamp;K succumbed Thursday morning in Srinagar's Chest Diseases Hospital.
Meanwhile, authorities have detailed the burial procedure for the victim and ordered that only members of the family must undertake the burial after wearing the prescribed protective gear.
Liked This Article? Be First To Share it!