Thu, 23 Nov 2017
Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe
• 500 Gms Basmati Rice
• 200 Gms Ghee
• 250 Gms Potatoes
• 300 Gms Carrots
• 300 Gms Beans
• 200 Gms Onions
• 8 Green Chilies
• 30 Gms Ginger
• 20 Gms Garlic
• 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
• 4 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
• 1 Cup Curd
• 1 Tsp Saffron
• ½ Cup Milk
• ½ Cup Mint (Pudina Leaves)
• ½ Cup Coriander Leaves
• 6 Tsp Rose Water
• 100 Gms Cashew Nuts
• 100 Gms Almonds
• 50 Gms Raisins
• Salt to Taste
• Wash and soak the basmati rice for half an hour and drain the water.
• Add 2 tsp of garam masala, salt and boil the rice in adequate water.
• Once the rice is cooked, drain the additional water if any and keep the rice aside.
• Cut all the vegetables in uniform size and slice green chilies.
• Chop coriander and mint leaves.
• Grind peeled ginger and garlic.
• Soak the almonds in water for half an hour and keep aside.
• Beat the curd in a bowl and divide into two equal portions.
• Dissolve saffron in warm milk and add it to one portion of the curd mixture.
• Heat ghee and fry onions until golden brown.
• Add green chilies, ginger, garlic and stir for a minute.
• Add turmeric and chili powder.
• Add garam masala powder and chopped vegetables.
• Add the portion of plain curd, stir, and add water.
• Cook the vegetables in low flame.
• When the vegetables are cooked, add dry fruits and nuts.
• In the handi (pressure cooker) with the cooked vegetables, sprinkle little saffron curd, mint and coriander.
• After that, spread half the rice.
• Again sprinkle the remaining saffron-curd, mint and coriander.
• Spread the remaining rice on the top.
• Place a moist cloth on top, cover the lid tightly.
• Place the handi in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.
Back to Recipes Home