Recipes India - Vangi bhath (Brinjal Masala rice) Recipe
Vangi bhath (Brinjal Masala rice) Recipe
• 3 Cups Rice
• 250 Gms Brinjal
• ¾ Cup Oil
• 1 Cup Grated Copra (Dried Coconut)
• 2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
• 2 Tsp Coriander Seeds
• 2 Tsp Garam Masala
• 2 Tsp Cashew Nut
• 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
• 2 Tsp Channa Dal
• 2 Tsp Urad Dal
• 5 Red Chilies
• 2 Tsp Tamarind Pulp
• A Few Curry Leaves
• Salt to Taste
• Wash and cut brinjal into small pieces.
• Cook rice in water ensuring that the cooked rice is not sticky.
• Fry cumin, coriander, channa dal, urad dal, red chilies separately without oil and grind these into coarse mixture.
• Heat the oil and add mustard seeds.
• When the mustard seeds splutter, add brinjal and fry for 10 mins.
• Add tamarind pulp, salt, and garam masala powder and fry till the brinjal leaves oil.
• Now mix this with the rice properly and add prepared coarse masala powder along with little garam masala powder.
• Add grated copra, curry leaves and fried cashew nuts. Mix well and serve.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This website contains material protected under International Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without written permission from the author / publisher.
Indian Breakfast Recipes | Indian Chutney Recipes | Indian Curry Powder Preparation | Indian Dal Recipes | Indian Egg Recipes | Indian Fish Recipes | Indian Meat Curry Recipes | Indian Payasam Recipes | Indian Pickle Recipes | Indian Raita Recipes | Indian Recipes Info | Indian Rice Recipes | Indian Roti Recipes | Indian Snacks Recipes | Indian Soft Drinks Recipes | Indian Soup Recipes | Onam Recipes | Spices of India | Vegetarian Recipes of Kerala | Recipes Home Page