Mon, 23 Oct 2017
Lotus Stem Pickle Recipe
• 1/2 Kg Lotus Stem
• 1 Cup Mustard Oil
• 4 Tsp Mustard Powder
• 4 Tsp Red Chili Pepper
• 1 Tsp Turmeric
• 1/3 Cup Salt
• Peel and cut lotus stems into round slices
• Boil the stems till they become half tender.
• Drain the water and dry it under the sun.
• Mix salt, red chili pepper, mustard powder and turmeric.
• Take the spice and rub over the lotus stem pieces.
• Keep the pickle in an airtight jar.
• Heat the oil, cool it and then pour it on the pickle in the jar.
• Use it after 4 days.
Back to Recipes Home