Recipes India - Jalebi Recipe
by Mrs Annamma Philippose (Feedback)
• 2 cups maida flour
• 4 tsp rice flour
• ¼ tsp baking powder
• 4 tsp curd
• 1¼ cup warm water
• ½ tsp saffron threads
• 3 cups sugar
• 2 cups water
• ½ tsp cardamom powder
• 4 tsp rose water
• Ghee or vegetable oil for frying
• Mix maida flour, rice flour, baking powder, curd and mix well by adding water little at a time till the batter is completely ready.
• Add saffron powder and whisk again.
• Set aside for about 2 hours to ferment and whisk again.
• Prepare one-string syrup by boiling and dissolving sugar in the water.
• Add saffron and cardamom powder to the syrup.
• Pour the batter through a coconut shell with a hole to form coils in heated oil under a steady stream.
• Deep fry them until they are golden in color and crisp all over.
• Remove and drain on kitchen paper and immerse in the sugar syrup.
• Keep them for at least 4-5 minutes so that they are soaked in the syrup.
• Take them out of syrup and serve hot.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This website contains material protected under International Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without written permission from the author / publisher.