Mon, 24 Apr 2017
Badam Phirni Recipe
• 15 Almonds
• 4 tsp Rice flour
• 2½ cups Milk
• 1 cup Sugar
• 10 strands Saffron
• 1 tsp Cardamom powder
• Blanch and grind the almonds to a fine paste with 1/2 cup milk.
• Add rice flour to the ground almond paste and mix well.
• Boil the milk to the boiling point.
• Add sugar and stir well till the sugar dissolves.
• Dissolve the saffron in a tsp of milk and add it to the boiling milk.
• Add the almond-rice flour mixture to the boiling milk.
• Keep stirring continuously for few minutes until the milk thickens and attains a custard-like consistency.
• Sprinkle the cardamom powder.
• Remove from fire and allow cooling to room temperature.
• Garnish with almonds and pistachios and refrigerate.
Back to Recipes Home