Principal analyst at IDC Asia Pacific, Claus Mortensen said that marketing will be perhaps the biggest driver for the use of cutting edge IT as they seek new innovative ways to reach out to and sell to customers.
The firm pointed to the top ten key ICT predictions for the coming year, which include enterprise mobility turning from 'bring your own device' (BYOD) to choose your own device (CYOD).
The BYOD strategy is expected to be dead in 2014 as organizations evaluating mobility strategically will look to CYOD as the main adoption model where management and security can be standardized and guaranteed, and business processes can be mobilized.
Personalized marketing will be the next big thing, as one-to-one marketing will become socially and contextually aware, along with geolocation data advantage that would allow firms access to or the ability to analyse consumer geolocation for the first time.
IDC pointed that organizations will be aiming at personalized services and having geolocation data will create unique opportunities for organizations to engage individuals as individuals.
The top ten ICT predictions for 2014 include:
1. Enterprise mobility turns to CYOD as BYOD strategy dies
2. One-to-One marketing will become socially and contextually aware
3. Firms will push the boundaries with geolocation data
4. Big Data as-a-Service (BDaaS) rises
5. New industries rise amid xCommerce boom
6. Technology and web-based giants will move into adjacent business areas
7. The Internet of Things will revolutionize products and business models
8. Partner community platforms will become the melting pots of business innovation
9. "Software-defined" infrastructure will become a formal transformation agenda
10. Combination of mobility, analytics, social and the cloud
--ANI (Posted on 10-12-2013)