Things vegetarians have to deal with
Vegetarians often get to hear eyebrow-raising comments from people who eat non-vegetarian food. For instance, they are told that they are weak as they don't get enough protein in their food.
Here is a list of comments that vegetarians are tired of hearing, reports huffingtonpost.com:
- Wait, so you don't eat meat? I don't get how that's possible.
- When people don't understand that you can be a vegetarian for reasons other than "loving animals".
- Being asked if you'd eat meat for a million bucks, or if you'd still refuse it if you were stuck on an island and would otherwise starve.
- The assumption that you're "missing out on life" and must be kind of sad that you can't eat meat.
- The "plants are being killed too" argument.
- Nobody is believing you're getting enough protein, so you must be a weak.
- When people say, "I tried being vegetarian once...couldn't do it!"
- People who claim they're vegetarians, but still eat chicken and fish and the occasional cheeseburger.
(Posted on 07-11-2013)