The OPCW, which was tasked with the destruction of chemical weapons, said visiting the remaining two sites posed serious dangers for inspectors, as the two-and-a-half-years old Syrian civil war continues, News24 reports.
The OPCW had already verified 21 of the 23 sites by 27 October, the deadline agreed as part of Syria's chemical weapon stockpiles destruction programme.
An OPCW official said one of the remaining two sites is empty and the other is also not that important.
Syria must render all unusable production and chemical weapons filling facilities by another deadline that has been set for next Friday, the report added.
Experts have estimated that the chemical weapons stockpile measured roughly to 1,000 metric tons of nerve agents, including sarin, mustard and VX.
Syria had agreed to destroy all its chemical weapons under a Russian-American diplomatic deal, after Washington threatened to use military intervention in response to the killing of hundreds of people in a poison gas attack on Damascus suburbs on August 2.
--ANI (Posted on 29-10-2013)