Don't cut your precious locks in haste
Never chop locks on impulse or change hairstyle without consulting professionals. Take time and analyse your face shape to get chic tresses.
Russell McGrath from the Michael Van Clarke Salon in Marylebone shares a few tips, reports femalefirst.co.uk:
- Don't do it on impulse: It is important to research your options. Don't be tempted to cut or dye your hair yourself on an impulse or while emotions are running high.
- Don't necessarily stick to the same colour: Your skin tone can change over time. So, the colour you had before might not be the same as now. Using vegetable dyes will allow you to change colour without damaging your hair. So research dye options before taking the plunge.
- Don't rely on words: Always bring in pictures of styles you like, so you can discuss your thoughts and take on board their advice.
- Talk to a professional: Talking to a professional will help you achieve what is realistically possible. A good hairdresser will take into account your lifestyle and personality.
- Remember that your face shape changes: If you have a certain style that you thought of years back, remember that your face shape changes with time. So, look at which hair styles will suit you with this in mind.
- Invest in aftercare: Keep your new style looking great with hair product that eliminates flyaways to give your tresses a youthful look.
(Posted on 28-10-2013)