Two electrocuted as puja pandal collapses
Two people were electrocuted when a puja pandal (marquee) collapsed following heavy rain in West Bengal's Burdwan district, police said Sunday.
The incident occurred Sunday afternoon in Parsia, Asansol subdivision of the district.
"Following heavy rain and storm, a puja pandal caved in and two persons atop it were electrocuted," a police officer said.
Following heavy rains in the region, at least 10 people were injured when around 50 kutcha houses (mud house) collapsed in Kanksa, Burdwan district, police said.
(Posted on 13-10-2013)