Priyanka and Preeti, both in their early 20s, were injured in Navjeevan Camp in south Delhi's Govindpuri area, police said.
The two had alighted from a bus coming from south Delhi's Lajpat Nagar and were heading towards Navjeevan camp on foot when the acid bottle lying on road burst, police said.
"Some drops of the acid came in contact with their bare skin resulting in burns on their fingers and legs. They were taken to Safdarjung hospital for treatment," said a police officer.
--IANS (Posted on 08-10-2013)