Anil Bansal, chief cardiologist, Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon, shares the benefits of green tea for the heart
- The antioxidants in green tea help to burn fat. The fat accumulation leads to blockage of heart. If we drink green tea at least once a day we can reduce the risk of heart ailments.
- It is also recommended for those who have suffered from heart ailment as green tea can make the heart strong.
- This type of tea increases the good cholesterol and reduces the bad cholestrol in one's body.
In addition to these, do the following to keep the heart pumping strongly:
- Ask your doctor for a cholesterol blood test
- Lose weight if you are overweight
- Quit smoking
- Cut down on carbohydrates
- Add fibre to your diet.
--IANS (Posted on 24-09-2013)