President Barack Obama called his counterpart Uhuru Kenyatta to assure full support to bring al-Shabab to justice, Fox News reports.
Most of the hostages who were held up at the upscale mall in Kenya's capital were freed late Sunday after the country's military launched a major assault on the building, the report added.
The Islamists attacked the mall on Saturday targeting non-Muslims that left more than 68 dead and 175 wounded.
Meanwhile, the U.S. lawmakers said the mall attack was a well coordinated and well planned massacre.
Police said that 49 people had been reported missing.
The White House confirmed that Kenyans and foreigners, including French, Canadians and Chinese, were among those who succumbed to injuries.
Kenyatta's nephew and the nephew's fiancee are also among the dead.
--ANI (Posted on 23-09-2013)