orissa-news

Odisha firefighter electrocuted

Bhubaneswar, Sep 22 : A 22-year-old firefighter was electrocuted Sunday during a training exercise in Odisha, police said.


Sunil Soren died in Keonjhar district's block headquarters town of Hatadihi, about 160 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.

He accidentally touched a high voltage overhead power line while jumping from a ladder, police said.

He died on way to hospital, inspector-in-charge of Nandipada Police station J.P. Nayak told IANS.

Two other firefighters were injured when Soren fell on them, he said.

--IANS (Posted on 22-09-2013)

orissa-news headlines

Bhubaneswar hottest in Odisha at 42.8 degrees

Nine killed in Odisha road accident

Temperature crosses 42 degrees in three Odisha towns

ECI orders repoll in nine booths in Odisha on April 25

Odisha official shifted over post-poll goof up

Odisha officer shifted over post-poll goof up

Repoll in nine Odisha polling stations April 25

Congress submits video clips of rigging,demands fresh poll in

12 held over post-poll violence in Odisha

Five die in Odisha heat wave

Prohibitory orders lifted in Odisha district

Post-poll violence claims one life in Odisha

Quick Links: Goa | Munnar | Pondicherry | Free Yearly Horoscope '2014

Comments

Your e-mail:


Your Full Name:


Type verification image:
verification image, type it in the box

Message:

Back to Top