Odisha firefighter electrocuted
A 22-year-old firefighter was electrocuted Sunday during a training exercise in Odisha, police said.
Sunil Soren died in Keonjhar district's block headquarters town of Hatadihi, about 160 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
He accidentally touched a high voltage overhead power line while jumping from a ladder, police said.
He died on way to hospital, inspector-in-charge of Nandipada Police station J.P. Nayak told IANS.
Two other firefighters were injured when Soren fell on them, he said.
(Posted on 22-09-2013)