Injured friend's family grateful to Liam Payne
Family members of Liam Payne's friend Andy have thanked the singer for acting swiftly and saving his life when he got burned in fire.
Andy was caught in flames while filling a patio heater in Payne's flat, Wednesday. But the singer immediately put off the fire.
Andy suffered 20 percent burn injuries.
"We are so grateful to Liam because he saved his life. The lantern just exploded as Andy was lighting it and it took the full force of the flames," mirror.co.uk quoted Matthew Baker, Andy's stepfather as saying.
"Liam helped him by beating out the flames and dousing him with water. He acted quickly and swiftly," added Baker.
Andy's sister Harrietis also thanked Payne, member of band One Direction.
"I want to thank Liam for saving my brother," she said.
(Posted on 06-09-2013)