London, Sep 4 IANS | 11 months ago

A friend of British singer Liam Payne suffered second-degree burns after the former's apartment caught fire.


Payne's friend suffered burns on his upper body in the fire, which broke out on the balcony of the singer's flat here Monday night, reports eonline.com.

"Liam is doing fine, but his mate remains hospitalised," a source said.

The One Direction band member's friend, who ended up being rushed to the hospital, was reportedly trying to refuel an outdoor heater on the terrace when the blaze started.

Payne was in the kitchen at the time, but he quickly rushed out to help and then accompanied his friend in the ambulance.

(Posted on 04-09-2013)