maharashtra-news

Mumbai gangrape: Bone test for 'minor'

Mumbai, Sept 2 : The Maharashtra Home Department on Monday said a bone test will be conducted on one of the accused in the Mumbai gangrape case, who claimed to be a minor.


The test result will make it clear of the accused is actually a juvenile or faking it with the help of forged documents.

While a document furnished by the accused's grandmother that showed his age to be 16 had been considered unreliable earlier, the birth certificate procured from the municipality has reportedly now confirmed his birth year to be 1997.

Police asserted that the revelation was not a lapse and a bone ossification test will now determine whether he is a minor and has to be tried in juvenile court.

A photojournalist was gangraped when she entered Shakti Mill on Aug 22 as the assailants held back her colleague by tying him up.

--IBNS (Posted on 02-09-2013)

maharashtra-news headlines

Pearl Academy launches new campus in Mumbai

129 polling centres identified sensitive in western Maharashtra

Navgrah Yadnya performed in Nashik for stable government

Shiv Sena-BJP banks on anti-incumbency factor in Western Maharashtra

'I support BJP's PM candidate Modi, not Rajnath Singh': MNS chief

Chavan accepts Modi's challenge for open debate on development

Former Shiv Sena MP returns to party fold after four months

AAP rolls out outdoor campaign in Mumbai

Maharashtra Police forced us to confess, says Bhatkal

Rahul again takes 'toffee model' jibe at Modi

Campaigning in Pune LS constituency ends today

Forest Ranger booked for taking Rs 6,000 bribe

Quick Links: Goa | Munnar | Pondicherry | Free Yearly Horoscope '2014

Comments

Your e-mail:


Your Full Name:


Type verification image:
verification image, type it in the box

Message:

Back to Top