The Hollywood star also gave one of the best performances, that included a medley of his solo hits and a brief 'N Sync reunion at the function, Contactmusic reported.
The 'Suit and Tie' singer received the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, Video of the Year for 'Mirrors', which also claimed Best Editing honours, and his 'Suit 'n' Tie' promo earned the Best Direction prize.
Rapper duo Macklemore and Ryan Lewis were also big winners at the event, which was kicked off by Lady Gaga with her new single 'Applause'.
The full list of winners is as follows:
1. Best Collaboration- Pink, feat. Nate Ruess, 'Just Give Me A Reason'
2. Best Rock Video- 30 Seconds to Mars, 'Up in the Air'
3. Best Pop Video- Selena Gomez, 'Come and Get It'
4. Best Art Direction- Janelle Monae feat. Erykah Badu, 'Q.U.E.E.N'
5. Best Direction- Justin Timberlake, 'Suit and Tie'
6. Best Choreography-Bruno Mars, 'Treasure'
7. Best Visual Effects- Capital Cities, 'Safe and Sound'
8. Best Cinematography- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, 'Can't Hold Us'
9. Best Editing-Justin Timberlake, 'Mirrors'
10. Best Hip-Hop Video- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, feat. Ray Dalton, 'Can't Hold Us'
11. Best Female Video- Taylor Swift, 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
12. Best Video with a Social Message- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, feat. Mary Lambert, 'Same Love'
13. Best Song of summer- One Direction, 'Best Song Ever'
14. Artist to watch- Austin Mahone
15. Best Male Video- Bruno Mars, 'Locked Out of Heaven'
16. Video of the year- Justin Timberlake, 'Mirrors'
--ANI (Posted on 27-08-2013)