more-news

Two restaurant workers die of asphyxia

New Delhi, April 4 : Two restaurant workers died in sleep due to asphyxiation after a fire broke out in the premises here, police said Thursday.


Rakesh Singh, 20, and Ravindra, 35, died in the incident reported around 3.30 p.m. Wednesday in Lazeez restaurant on Malcha Marg in central Delhi, police said.

"The fire started when victims were sleeping in the premises after work," said a police officer.

Four other employees asleep in the restaurant managed to escape, police said.

The bodies of the victims were recovered after the fire department personnel broke open the doors of the restaurant.

"Initial medical examination revealed there were no external injuries on the bodies of the victims," said an officer.

According to officials, an electrical short circuit might have been the reason behind the blaze.

--IANS (Posted on 05-04-2013)

more-news headlines

Woman held for extorting Delhi bizman

Sixth complaint filed against Haryana minister Kataria

Rs.15 lakh cash seized in Jharkhand ahead of polls

BJP questions Congress's commitment towards Assam

Warm Sunday in Delhi, cloudy Monday likely

Fire breaks out in Gurgaon mall, no one injured

Cyclists pedal for road safety

Delhi policeman jumps from Metro station, injured

Cyclists paddle for road safety

BJP distances itself from Giriraj Singh's Pakistan remark

Two injured in sword attack at Goa's nightclub

Delhi Metro completes 21-metre high cross-over viaduct

Quick Links: Goa | Munnar | Pondicherry | Free Yearly Horoscope '2014

Comments

Your e-mail:


Your Full Name:


Type verification image:
verification image, type it in the box

Message:

Back to Top