Maharashtra food poisoning: 70 students hospitalized
In the wake of the Bihar mid-day meal tragedy that killed over 23 children came another case of food poisoning. This time in a government school in Maharashtra.
At least 70 students of a government girls residential school at Shegaon in Buldhana district of Maharashtra, were reportedly hospitalized after they complained of food poisoning on Monday.
According to reports, the girls, aged between 12-15 years, started feeling sick after having their dinner around 8.30pm on Sunday.
"The girls complained of severe stomach pain. They were vomiting. We have discharged over 40 girls. All, but one, are out of danger. One is critrical," said a doctor at Shegaon Government Hospital where the students were admitted.
The girl, who is critical, has been shifted to a hospital in Akola.
The police are yet to register a case in this regard.
(Posted on 29-07-2013)