Chef Ranveer Brar, who hosts Zee Khana Khazana's "Snack Attack", helps you prepare healthy and yummy snacks:
1. Sofyani Paneer Tikka
- 350 gm of cottage cheese
- Mint and tomato chutney as required
- One cup of grated cottage cheese
- One tablespoon of mint chutney
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- Half cup of curd
- One-and-half teaspoons of ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Two teaspoon of garam masala powder
- One teaspoon of fennel seeds
- One-and-half teaspoons of gram flour
- One tablespoon of oil
- One cup of red, yellow bell pepper and capsicum mixture
- One-fourth cup of onion slices
- One teaspoon of chaat masala
- Mint leaves as required
- Coriander leaves as required
- Take a bowl and mix grated cottage cheese, mint chutney, salt and crushed black pepper.
- Take another bowl to marinate. Add yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, salt, garam masala powder, fennel seeds, gram flour and mix it well.
- Cut cubes of the cottage cheese, slit each from the centre and fill it with stuffing.
- Now marinate the cottage cheese cubes in the prepared mixture and keep them on the baking tray. Pour the remaining mixture on top of it.
- Bake at 200 degree celsius for around 10 minutes.
- To make the accompaniment, heat oil and saute red and yellow bell pepper, capsicum slices, onion slices and chaat masala in a pan.
- Put the vegetables on the skewers with cottage cheese cubes.
- Place the skewers on the plate and serve it with mint and tomato chutney, garnish it with coriander leafs.
2. Beetroot Hummus
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice
- Five to six garlic cloves
- Two tablespoons of Tahini paste
- Half cup of oil
- Half cup of beetroot paste
- One-and-half cup of boiled chickpea
- One cup of oil to blend
- Two chapattis
- Seven to eight olives
- One cucumber
- Half teaspoon of oil
- Parsley leaves as required
- Use a blender to mix lemon juice, garlic cloves and Tahini paste.
- Then add oil, beetroot paste and boiled chickpea and blend it again.
- Gradually add oil to this mixture.
- Cut strips of the chapatti then place an olive in the middle and roll it and put them in the skewers.
- Cut cucumber batons and keep the prepared humus in a bowl and add some oil to it.
- Place the hummus bowl on a plate and keep the prepared skewers with cucumber batons.
- Garnish it with parsley leaves.
--IANS (Posted on 26-07-2013)