" I will surrender within the timeframe set by the Supreme Court. I have the highest respect for the SC and will abide by the law," said an emotional Dutt while briefing media here.
"I have a lot of work to finish. Just want to spend this time with my family and finish my work," he said.
"I want to thank everyone who supported me. I love my country. I love India," he added.
The Supreme Court, which last week upheld the death sentence of Yakub Abdul Razak Memon, a key conspirator with Dawood Ibrahim in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts, ordered that Dutt return to jail to serve three-and-a-half years sentence for possessing illegal arms.
Dutt, who is out on bail, will also have to surrender within four weeks to serve a jail term of 42 months as the apex court reduced to five years the six year jail term awarded to him by a designated TADA court in 2007 and he had already spent 18 months behind the bar.
A total of 257 persons were killed and 713 others injured when a series 13 coordinated explosions shattered the metropolis on March 12, 1993.
The blasts occurred at 12 places, including Bombay Stock Exchange building, Air-India Building at Nariman Point, at Worli opposite Century Bazaar, Hotels Sea Rock and Juhu Centaur.
--ANI (Posted on 28-03-2013)