Live wire injures roof-top bus traveller
A pilgrim travelling on the roof of a bus and his 14 other co- passengers inside the vehicle were injured Tuesday when a live high-tension electricity wire fell on the vehicle in Uttar Pradesh, police said.
The bus, heading for Ajmer shrine in Rajasthan, was hit by the wire around 3 p.m. at a village in Lakhimpur Kheri, 130 km from here, police said.
The passenger travelling on the bus roof first came in touch with the wire which snapped and fell on the bus, electrocuting the others, police said.
The bus, carrying 58 pilgrims, had started its journey from Faizabad district, police said.
Villagers and passersby removed the live wire promptly and helped the victims, police said.
Superintendent of Police Lakhimpur Kheri Prashant Kumar told IANS that the injured were admitted to the district hospital where the condition of one of them continued to be serious.
"All passengers received burns due to electric shock and developed blisters on their bodies," he said.
(Posted on 07-05-2013)