14 killed in Goa building collapse
At least 14 labourers were killed and several others injured when an under construction building collapsed at Canacona in the southernmost taluka of Goa on Saturday.
Officials said the rescuers, including 200 military personnel, were still looking for survivors and bodies in the massive debris.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, who visited the accident site, has ordered an FIR against all those concerned for the mishap. Arrests are likely to follow shortly.
The rescuers have been able to save lives of around 24 labourers so far.
Many of the wounded are fighting for life in the Hospicio hospital, located in Margao town.
Government has already dispatched doctors at the site even as ambulances are ferrying injured victims to hospitals. Fire tenders and military personnel will continue the rescue operation all through the night, Parrikar told mediapersons.
The five storey under construction Ruby Residency collapsed on more than 100 labourers at about 3 pm.
(Posted on 07-01-2014)