Himachal told to file charge sheet in illegal recruitments case
The Himachal Pradesh High Court Monday asked the state government to file a charge sheet within four weeks against those accused of illegal official recruitments between 1993-98.
A division bench of acting Chief Justice Mansoor Ahmad Mir and Justice Kuldip Singh passed the orders on a petition of the state Subordinate Services Selection Board's former chairman S.M. Katwal.
Katwal alleged that despite the state vigilance bureau registering a first information report in 2006 on the directions of the high court, no investigation was being carried out into the illegal recruitments.
He said no progress was made in the case after the high court stopped monitoring it following the disposal of his writ petition May 22, 2008.
The high court June 24 last year asked the state to prepare details of the nature of investigation conducted into the case from November 2005 onwards.
The compliance report in the case was also filed in the court by the state. As per the report, the investigation into the case was completed last December.
After conducting an investigation into the matter with respect to 60 departments, boards, corporations and universities, charge sheets have been prepared in the case of six departments and departmental action has been initiated in six departments, it said.
It said departmental action cannot be recommended due to retirement and death of officials in the case of 12 departments.
(Posted on 06-01-2014)