About 4000 national and international delegates are expected to attend the event.
Participants will include representatives from different pharmaceutical fields such as pharmaceutical industry, pharmacy educational institutions, hospitals, community and clinical pharmacy, the Drugs Control Department, marketing, regulatory and research and development.
R.C. Juneja, Managing Director, Mankind Pharma Limited is working very hard to make the 65th IPC a success. Dr. Ashok K Chauhan, Founder President, Ritnand Balved Foundation (RBEF) and Amity University will be the chief patron.
The main focus of the IPC will be memorial lectures, symposia and plenary lectures by prominent speakers from India and abroad.
Speakers from USA, UK, Canada, Switzerland, Australia, UAE and Netherlands are expected to deliver their respective addresses.
Around 1700 research papers and review articles in different specialisation of pharmacy will be presented.
A Pharmaceutical Expo is also being organised by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) with a focus on pharmaceutical plant and machinery.
There will be around 200 exhibitors participating in the exhibition out of which 15 companies are participating from Germany, USA, Korea, Japan, China and Switzerland.
The following issues are likely to be deliberated upon:
1. Amendment in the Drugs and Cosmetic Act, 1940 and Rules 1945
2. Dual Control of Pharmacy Education
3. The Mashelkar Committee's recommendation to strengthen drug regulatory organizations both at the Centre and State levels.
4. Creation of a Central Drug Authority
5. Impact of GATT & TRIPS on new drug prices
6. Impact of DPCO on R and D activity
7. Promotion of patient-oriented pharmacy
--ANI (Posted on 19-12-2013)