Home > News > Maharashtra News

Bata showroom gutted in fire, fireman injured

Posted on Nov 05, 06:47PM | UNI

A fireman was injured and property worth lakhs of rupees destroyed when a Bata shoe showroom, on the College road,was gutted in a blaze last night.

Fire brigade sources said about seven to eight tenders were rushed to douze the fire late in the night. With plastic and other inflammable material stored, the inferno was not easy to douse and the fire brigade had to break a wall behind the showroom to get inside.

A fireman Dinesh Ramakant Lasure was injured by falling glasses.

Sources said that the fire might have occurred due to short circuit inside the showroom.

Fireman Lasure has been admitted to a private hospital.