Home > News > Tamil Nadu News
Posted on Nov 04, 04:49PM | UNI
Three of the 20 people, who sustained burns in a petrol bomb attack at Avuniyapuram in Madurai district of Tamil Nadu on October 31, succumbed to there burn injuries.
Chief Minister J Jayalalitha, in a statement here said, three of the injured, who were admitted to hospitals, died despite best of the treatment given to them.
She said the deceased were identified as Jayapandi, Sundarapandi and Vetrivel, all hailing from Puliyankulam village.
While Jayapandi succumbed to burns last night, the other two died this morning.
Ms Jayalalithaa expressed profound grief and sorrow over the deaths and announced a solatium of Rs 5 lakh to their families.
She also expressed her heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families and said the assistance would be provided from the Chief Minister's Public Relief Fund.
Ms Jayalalithaa said 20 people from S Puliayankulam village where returning to home after paying tributes at the Samadhi of Pasumpon Muthuramalinga Thevar when miscreants waylaid their vehicle Van and hurled petrol bombs.
Making a statement in the state assembly, Ms Jayalalithaa had already directed the police to take stern action against the culprits.
In another statement, she also announced a solatium of Rs 5 lakh each to the families of Karuppan and Mayandi, who were hacked to death by miscreants on October 31 at Thiruchuzhi Taluk in Virudhunagar district.
Ms Jayalalithaa sent condolences to the bereaved families and announced the assistance from the Chief Minister's Public Relief Fund.
She also directed the police to take strict action against those involved in the attack.