Home > News > Andhra Pradesh News

School girl chokes on tablet

Posted on Sep 15, 08:09PM | IANS

In a tragic incident, a 10-year-old student died after a tablet distributed in her school got stuck in her throat.

Khusbo, a fifth standard student of Marwari Hindi Pathashala in Secunderabad, took the de-worming tablet. She was taken to a private hospital where she was declared dead.

The girl's body was shifted to Gandhi Hospital in Secunderabad for autopsy. The girl's relatives alleged that the school authorities gave her an expired tablet. Police said they were investigating.

Hyderabad district collector Murtaza Rizvi announced Rs.1.5 lakh compensation for the family of the deceased.