Several ill following gas leakage
Kolkata, Mar 14: At least 75 people fell ill, two of them critically, when chlorine gas leaked at Chitpur near here this evening.
Police said the incident occurred when some cylinders, containing chlorine gas, were being offloaded from a truck at the place.
The victims were admitted at a hospital in Bagbazar and at the R G Kar Medical College and Hospital here.
Fire Brigade personnel reached the site and a police team was camping at the place.
Some industries, requiring chlorine gas, had been set up at the adjoining areas of Chitpur.