Boy saves little brothers from fire in Mexico
Mexico City, March 8 : A five-year-old boy saved his two-year-old and six-month-old brothers when a fire broke out at their family's house in Hermosillo, the capital of the northern Mexican state of Sonora, the fire department said.
Firefighters responded to the blaze in northwest Hermosillo Wednesday and found the three boys outside the house, a fire department spokesman said.
The oldest of the children, Alberto Parra Torres, 5, told firefighters the boys were home alone when the fire started in some furniture, media reports said.
Alberto led Juan Pablo, 2, out of the house while pushing the stroller in which baby Pedro Damian was lying.
Firefighters inspected the house after putting out the fire but did not find anyone else inside.
The boys were not injured, but the house sustained structural damage in the fire, which consumed the furniture, the fire department said.
The fire was caused by a lamp that was left on a seat cushion in the living room, Hermosillo deputy fire chief Francisco Ramirez told reporters.
The children were taken to a police station and officers planned to hand them over to child welfare workers, but the parents, Alberto Parra and Anahi Torres, arrived and claimed them, media reports said.
The media reports did not say whether the couple faces charges for leaving the little boys home alone.