Home > News > India News
Posted on Mar 05, 09:42PM | IANS
New Delhi, March 5 : The US has not yet refused to extradite key Mumbai terror attack plotter David Coleman Headley to India, parliament was told Tuesday.
"No official confirmation for the rejection of extradition request (for Headley) has been received yet," Minister of State for Home R.P.N. Singh told Lok Sabha in a written answer.
"India's demand for the extradition of Headley continues to stand," he added.
Headley was sentenced to 35 years in jail by a US court in December last year, for his role in 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
Headley had entered into a plea deal with the US under which US prosecutors "had agreed not to seek the death penalty against him and to not extradite him to Pakistan, India or Denmark for the offences to which he pleaded guilty".