Home > News > Fashion News
Posted on Feb 27, 06:33PM | IBNS
Mumbai, Feb 27 : Lakme Fashion Week (LFW), the leader in promoting creative excellence and the business of fashion in India, announced the list of 87 participating designers and 8 sponsors who have have come together with one common agenda of presenting the very best of fashion industry on the ramp in March.
Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort is scheduled to be held from March 22- 26 at Grand Hyatt, Mumbai.
A robust line-up of fashion stalwarts and the brightest young designers will showcase their ready-to-wear brands on the runway and exhibition area.
Highlights of Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013:
• Opening show by Tarun Tahiliani
• One of India's most renowned and beloved fashion designers, Tarun Tahiliani will open Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Report 2013 with a grand off-site show for Tigre Blanc. An embodiment of design philosophy that encompasses the modern and the contemporary whilst embracing our historical past, Tarun Tahiliani is synonymous with the epitome of Indian luxury and couture.
• Lakme Grand Finale
• India's acclaimed fashion visionary Namrata Joshipura will be the Grand Finale designer at Lakme Fashion Week Summer / Resort 2013. This reiterates Lakme Fashion Week's pledge to provide a platform for India's finest talent and the show will also mark Joshipura's first-ever showcase at Lakme Fashion Week. Her collection will bring to life Lakme 's style statement for the season
• International designer Naeem Khan to present for the first time in India
• The international flavor of luxury fashion makes its way to Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013, with Naeem Khan debuting in India with his exquisite collection, including custom made pieces for LFW SR 2013
• Talent Box
• Launched in August 2011, the Talent Box is the only platform of its kind in India dedicated to promoting young, emerging design talent. This international concept of mini preview shows will feature 19 designers participating this season. On invitation, outstanding fashion designer Anupama Dayal will be opening the Talent Box this season
• Industry stalwarts in attendance
• Showing their Summer/Resort collections at LFW SR 2013 will be industry stalwarts Manish Malhotra, Narendra Kumar, Arjun Khanna, , Anupama Dayal, Vikram Phadnis and Rocky S
• LFW TV will be streamed live on LFW's official YouTube channel, the first partnership of its kind for a fashion week in India. This will allow potential buyers and fashion enthusiasts all over the world to catch the action on the ramp live within the comfort of their homes and business. In addition to the live shows audiences will gain behind the scenes action, exclusive interviews, and parties and much more into India's premier fashion trade platform. Catch it all at www.youtube.com/Lakme fashionwk
• INIFD Presents Lakme Fashion Week's Fashion Workshop Series - Edition VIII
• INIFD Presents Lakme Fashion Week's Fashion Workshop Series - Edition VIII: The 8th Edition of the Fashion Workshop Series (FWS) will focus on how designers can remain unique as fashion trends evolve and are reinvented. The session titled "Fashion fades, Style remains: The secrets behind a designer's signature look" will bring together some of the biggest names in fashion to share key insights on how they have been successful at maintaining a signature style.
• Zovi Gen Next
• A platform conceived by LFW, the Zovi Gen Next Program, has become the most coveted program for encouraging young talent in the country and has nurtured some of the leading names in the industry today. Renowned Stylist and Designer Aki Narula will continue to mentor these young designers. This season, 6 exceptional designers from across the country will showcase their debut collections and through this first-of-its-kind partnership with Zovi.com, one exclusive garment from each designer will be retailed on the portal.
• Celebrating Indian Weaves & Crafts
• As part of the continued endeavor to bring the dominance of Indian textiles and crafts to the fore LFW this season will be once again paying tribute to Indian textiles. This season, LFW will be bringing together industry veterans for workshops and installations. Additionally, show featuring textile designers, curated by Mayank Mansingh Kaul, will be a highlight of the day's activities. Furthermore the LFW Heritage Award presented by Maximiliano Modesti, a one lakh cash prize, will be awarded to the designer from this day who best incorporates Indian weaves and craftsmanship in their collection
LFW SR 2013 will focus to set a new benchmark in the fashion community and meeting the ever-changing demands of the Indian fashion industry while engaging all our stakeholders - designers, buyers, sponsors, media and talent.
Present at the occasion, Purnima Lamba, Head-Innovations, Lakme, said, "We are excited to officially announce Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013. We have the perfect blend of accomplished as well as fresh designers showcasing their creative excellence this season.
"We are proud to have with us Namrata Joshipura whose contemporary, cutting-edge aesthetics are sure to set a bold Lakme trend statement this season. We believe that our choice of the Grand Finale designer further reinforces our commitment to showcase great talent and continue the infusion of contemporary energy into Lakme Fashion Week."