Home > News > Andhra Pradesh News

PM visits Hyderabad blasts site, victims

Posted on Feb 24, 02:52PM | IBNS

Hyderabad, Feb 24 : Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday visited the Hyderabad twin blasts site and met with some of the victims in two hospitals assuring them of all assistance.

On reaching Hyderabad on a special flight, he along with Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy visited the blast sites at Dilsukhnagar and spent some minutes there and heard from the cops the progress in the probe.

"I express condolence for the families of the bereaved and wish speedy recovery for the injured," said the Prime Minister.

Singh along with the Andhra CM said he is "happy that people of Hyderabad have refused to be provoked by this nefarious incident."

"I am here to stand in solidarity with the people of the city. We should maintain peace and calm," he said.

The Prime Minister consoled the mother of K Parmeshwar, an injured victim, at Omni Hospital: "The staff will take all possible care of your son.

He spoke to blast victim Sudhakr Reddy and said: "We will provide all possible medical help to you and others."

To another patient Rajitha, a 22-year-old MBA student, in Yashoda Hospital, he said: "I am here to share your pain and grief. We will take care of you."

The PM told Andhra officials: "Find a mechanism to provide jobs to those grievously hurt and disabled in the bomb blasts."

At least 16 died and many were injured in the twin blasts that ripped through a crowded area on Thursday evening.

On Saturday, six people have been 'detained' over the bomb attacks.

Several people have been questioned in connection with the strike, police said adding that no arrests were made so far.

Footage from CCTV security cameras is being scrutinised to identify suspects.

Earlier, Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma said that the police had done everything it could to prevent the terror strike in the city this week that killed 16 people and wounded over 100.

Speaking at a press conference, the commissioner also claimed that the police had received "vital clues" and was hoping to crack the case soon.

Six specialized teams have been formed and they have already started to collect evidences.

"SIT (special investigation team) will probe the blasts case. The city has been put on high alert," he said.

The commissioner added that the Andhra Pradesh government has announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for credible information leading to cracking of the case.

"We are still not sure of the involvement of banned Indian Mujahideen (IM) in the case," Sharma said, adding that many clues were found in the last 24 hours.

The PM had earlier called the attack 'dastardly' and added that none of the guilty will be spared.

"This is a dastardly attack, the guilty will not go unpunished," the PM had said.

The PM had also directed the central agencies to extend all possible help to the Andhra Pradesh state authorities in relief operations.