Home > News > Andhra Pradesh News
Posted on Feb 22, 02:08PM | IBNS
Hyderabad, Feb 22 : It seems Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde is not yet ready to blame the blasts in Hyderabad to lack of security measures even as media reports quoting Delhi police confirmed the arrest of four men last October, who it said were members of the Indian Mujahideen, that recced Dilsukhnagar, where the Thursday evening blasts occurred killing at least 14.
Shinde, who reached Hyderabad in the morning, said though there were intelligence reports it was not specific and so the police is not to be blamed at the moment.
"A general alert was given for the last about two-three days to the whole country. It was not a specific area. I don't think the police has failed. It is too early to talk on it," Shinde said.
However, according to reports, intelligence officials shared an alert for a probable strike in a list of cities that included Hyderabad just three days ago.
The alert also mentioned possible attacks in Bangalore, Hubli and Coimbatore.
Infact, the home minister, Thursday evening said there were intelligence reports of a possible strikes for the past two days and accordingly the states were alerted.
The alert was reportedly sent out through the multi-alert agency, and it warned of the possible revival of the terror group Indian Mujahideen. It also included warnings of possible reactivation of modules of the deadly Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba in India.
Reports also suggested the wires of a security camera near the site of Thursday blasts had been cut four days ago. Nobody even tried to re-connect the camera, despite the traffic policemen being aware of the lapse.