Home > News > Automobile News
Posted on Feb 14, 07:07PM | IBNS
Coventry, Feb 14 : Automobile giant Jaguar Land Rover Automotive plc has reported pre-tax profits of GBP404m for the three months to the end of December 2012. For fiscal year to date, Jaguar Land Rover reported pre-tax profits of GBP1.2bn, up 20% compared to the same period last year.
The third quarter results reflect a 14% increase in retail sales volumes (88,658 vehicles in total) globally. The company generated revenues of over GBP3.8bn during the quarter and GBP10.7bn in the fiscal year to date (an increase of GBP1.4bn).
Commenting on the results, Ken Gregor, Jaguar Land Rover Chief Financial Officer, said: "Jaguar Land Rover has produced another solid set of results supported by the continued success of the Range Rover Evoque, launch of the all-new Range Rover and further growth in China and other markets.
"We continue to invest in new products and technologies to support our aim of profitable volume growth."
· Profit before tax of GBP404m and increased revenues of GBP3.8bn for the quarter
· 88,658 vehicles sold in the quarter (up 14%)
· Profit before tax of GBP1.2bn for the 9 months ended 31st December (up 20%)
· Continued investment in new products and technologies
· Successful new $500m 10 year bond issue in January
· In 2012, Jaguar Land Rover sold 357,773 vehicles, up 30% on the previous year.
· In January 2013, Jaguar Land Rover sold 34,877 vehicles, up 32% on the same period last year.