Home > News > World News
Posted on Feb 10, 07:58PM | IANS
Beijing, Feb 10 : Chinese doctors have saved the life of a two-year-old boy whose throat and chest were impaled by a chopstick he put in his mouth while playing with another child.
Though the chopstick was removed in time, it had already caused serious injury and infection, the Shanghai Daily reported Sunday.
Doctors at the Shanghai Children's Hospital found the boy's neck was swollen when he was brought in and he had difficulty in breathing.
The child recovered after emergency surgery and intensive care, and was discharged from hospital earlier this week.