Home > News > Business India News
Posted on Feb 06, 05:22PM | IBNS
New Delhi, Feb 6: Surya Roshni, leading manufacturer of lighting products and steel pipes, on Wednesday announced its standalone performance for the third quarter ended December 31, 2012.
On the back of continuing good performance, the company has declared second interim dividend of 10pc . This takes the total interim dividend payout for the current financial year to 30pc .
· Company has achieved gross sales of Rs 774.97 crore, up by 22.28pc as compared to Rs 633.76 crore in Q3FY12
· EBIDTA is at Rs 56.66 crore as against Rs 43.65 crore in the corresponding year ended December 2011
· Net profit for the period grew by 40pc to Rs 18.54 crore as against Rs 13.23 crore during the corresponding period last year
· Sales of steel division increased by 25.36pc to Rs 501.17 crore as against Rs. 399.77 crore during the corresponding period last year
· Sales of lighting division increased by 17pc to Rs 273.80 crore as against Rs 233.99 crore for the quarter ended December 2011.
Nine month performance
· Gross sales grew by 19.28pc to Rs 2209.75 crore as compared to Rs 1852.55 crore of the corresponding period of last year
· PAT grew by 41.27pc at Rs 42.62 crore as compared to Rs 30.17 crore of the corresponding period of the last year
· EBIDTA for the nine month period improved to Rs. 155.22 crore from 122.73 crore on the back of higher sales of lighting products and value added steel pipes.
Segment Wise Performance-9MFY13
· The lighting business segment showed a growth of 22.18pc to Rs. 763.55 crore from Rs. 624.93 crore achieved in the corresponding period of the previous year
· The steel business segment showed a growth of 17.81pc to Rs. 1446.20 crore as against Rs. 1227.62 crore achieved in the corresponding period of the previous year
B. Raju (Raju Bista), Managing Director, Surya Roshni, said, "The performance of the company is as per expected plans. The performance of lighting division continues to show robust growth.
"The higher sales have partly been accounted by new products like LED and new lighting systems and geographical expansion."
"In the steel division, we have introduced new range of steel pipes which are well received by the customers. We look forward to continuing strong performance in quarters ahead," said Raju.