Home > News > Uk News

Man chokes to death on chewing gum

Posted on Feb 05, 10:34PM | IANS

London, Feb 5 : A 59-year-old Briton choked to death after a two-cm piece of chewing gum blocked his windpipe.

Michael Leslie Jones collapsed outside his home after a night-out with friends in north Wales, The Sun reported.

He was found by neighbours, and paramedics tried to resuscitate him. He was declared dead at a hospital.

A post mortem found the chewing gum lodged in his windpipe.

An inquest heard that the man had a drink but was not drunk.

"He was steady on his feet and had not complained of feeling unwell," an official said.

"Hopefully, people will be more aware of the dangers of chewing gum," he added.