Henriques admits having yet to 'find himself' as a cricketer following selection in Aussie Test squad
Sydney, Feb. 3 : All-rounder Moises Henriques has made it clear his selection in the Australian Test squad did not mean he had 'found himself' as a cricketer.
The 26-year-old, who was earmarked as a Test player in the making when he made his debut for New South Wales at 17, said he still needed to continue to grow and learn.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, he said that he certainly did not believe he has found himself as a cricketer yet, adding he needed to keep improving.
Henriques said that at this stage he thought he has performed consistently in the Sheffield Shield for the last 18 months, but it's still not what you'd call a habit.
He said that performing consistently over four years was his ambition, adding that this year his goal was to do it all year.
The Portuguese-born said that hearing his name read out as a member of the squad was a massive vote of confidence.
Henriques, who was described by Shane Watson as Australia's top all-rounder, dismissed reports his past few seasons had been 'tough' through injury and fluctuations in form.
He wanted his selection in the Australian Test squad to inspire the nation's growing number of children from non-traditional cricket backgrounds to play the sport, the report added.