Home > News > More News
Posted on Jan 31, 11:53AM | UNI
Datia, MP, Jan 30 : Six peacocks have died after consuming poisonous seeds at Varodi village in the district, forest officials said today.
A forest department collected the corpses from the village yesterday and sent them for necropsy.
Eighteen peacocks were roaming near a garden when they consumed poisonous seeds.
When their condition started deteriorating, garden owner Umashankar Sharma heard their groans and came out of garden. He then informed the Divisional Forest Officer over telephone.
More than 10 peacocks have fallen ill. However, the forest department team found one ill peacock and sent it for treatment.