Home > News > Maharashtra News

9 school children take ill after eating khichadi in Nashik

Posted on Jan 31, 10:53AM | UNI

Nashik, Jan 30 : The head mistress of Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) school No 62 was suspended as nine tiny tots were admitted to hospital with symptoms of food poisoning after eating khichadi provided to them under the nutritious Mid-day meal scheme.

The contract of Mid-day meal scheme contractor was also suspended.

The school children aged six to 10 years complained of stomach ache, vomitting and dizziness, after they ate khichadi and drank water from a non-sanitized and dirty water tank. Following which, they were rushed to civic hospital, the sources said.

The school children were relased from NMC hospital today.

The school has 106 students, of which 25 were present in the school yesterday afternoon.

The contract for supplying khichadi was given to Chaitnya Mahila Bachat Gat.

The samples of khichadi have been sent for analysis, sources added.